Sunday, February 11, 2007

Can you guess what this is?! It's my new guinea pig cage!!! I built it myself. I was going to purchase it from this really great site, Cavy Cages; but, Andrew convinced me to try to build it on my own using the instructions at this site. The grates are the ones that you would use to build those wire cube things. We purchased them at Bed, Bath and Beyond; what a steal!! I really love their willingness to take their expired coupons... ;-) The tray inset is made of this stuff called coroplast. Coroplast is the corrugated plastic material that is used to make those lawn signs that become so ubiquitous around elections season. This stuff is pretty hard to come by in its plain, giant sheet form, which I needed for this project. There is this really great store
near our house called Rodon Signs. The owner was in the shop on Saturday morning when I called, when the store wasn't even open. He let me come in and buy a sheet anyway. Then because I didn't have any cash on me, he said I could just bring the money for it in some other time. Then he cut the sheet for me to the size I needed. He was a such a big help and an all-around, really great guy!! Andrew was also really great for shuttling me around and putting up with me trying to get the 4' x 8' sheet for coroplast in the car to come home :-) What a nightmare that was!!

Anyway, so, I built this new deluxe cage for my brand new guinea pigs that I got today!!! I'm sorry that I didn't picture them but they were hard to photograph when they were hiding in their little house... That and I wanted them to get a little more used to the house before I stuck the camera in their faces. I will post a photo of them tomorrow. You'll also have to wait until tomorrow for their names because I haven't named them yet...

*This is my post from Saturday, February 10, 2007. This post is late. Andrew and I went to Heather's fabulous game party last night and had so much fun that we didn't get back until about 1 in the morning. I was too tired to post after tending to and spending some time with the piggies...

1 comment:

Adina said...

I am very impressed by your skills, Chad!