Monday, February 26, 2007

This is a picture of a really cool book that I bought at Reddinger's mid-Winter sale at Valley Forge Convention Center today. It is a copy of the Kasidah of Haji Abdu El-Yezdi, supposedly translated by Sir Richard Burton, translator of Arabian Nights. I never really heard of the work before but I really loved the illustrations. All of the illustrations have been hand printed. The frontpiece of this book has already fallen out and it is the same as the cover illustration. This is my favorite one in the entire work. I think that I'll frame it for the library...

*This is my post from Sunday, February 25, 2007. This post is late. I am very sorry. I have had a project to do for class that has absolutely kicked my butt!! It has sucked away all of my time this past week and a half...

No comments: