Sunday, January 07, 2007

Today we went to Longwood Gardens to see the holiday display before it was over for the season. It was my first time there and I really loved it. There weren't a whole lot of plants to see outside but there were a lot of lights. Thankfully, they also have extensive greenhouses and conservatories!! While I enjoyed the lights, I really enjoyed seeing all the plants inside. This place was great because it had lots of ferns and a whole room dedicated to orchids!! I took way to many pictures there: 166 stills and two 30 second movies!! :-) Most of the pictures didn't turn out well though because it was a very low light situation and I didn't have a tripod with me. I think that this was my favorite picture of the night, though. It is picture of a hybrid lily from Korea. I don't remember the name but it was beautiful. Orchids and lilies are my favorite kinds of flowers. I can't wait to go back in the springtime so that I can explore the grounds and the greenhouses in the daylight and maybe take a lot more pictures...

No comments: